My love for nail polish is no secret. I can’t remember the last time my nails were bare! I truly believe that your nail polish is a way of accessorizing your outfit. After a winter of red nails (I mixed it up sometimes and went with burgundy), I’m ready for some happy corals and pinks.
Now, although I’m not very adventurous with my colour choices, I keep running into people with non-traditional nail polish colours, and some of them are kind of growing on me (I know, only a couple years late to the trend, what can I say?). Maybe it has to do with the season, but I am really wanting to try some of the lilacs and blues.
Here are some of the lines to check out this season:
1. Essie’s “Madison Ave-Hue”. A great mixture of bright and muted pastels. I really want to try “Go Ginza”, the muted lilac colour.
2. OPI’s “Euro-Centrale”. This is a large collection with a bit of everything. I am naturally drawn to the pink, but would love to try “Can’t Find My Czechbook”, a medium turquoise blue creme.
3. Butter London’s “Sweetie Shop”. These sherbet colours are so good you almost want to eat them!
4. Deborah Lippmann’s “Romantic Rapture” and “Staccato”. The Staccato collection features black glitter polish that is pretty and feminine, while the Romantic Rapture consists of a nude, icy blue, and pink.
5. Estee Lauder’s ”Paris Macarons”. Nail polish that is the colour of macarons is a winner in my books! I love all of these sugary colours.
6. Dior’s “Cherie Bow” and “Addict”. The Cherie Bow collection features sweet, creamy pinks, while the Addict collection is full of shimmer.
7. Zoya’s “Lovely”. This collection features all pastels that are oh-so-perfect for spring.
8. Chanel’s “Printemps Precieux de Chanel”. No round-up of nail polishes would be complete without Chanel. This season Chanel is introducing Emprise (a natural rosy beige), Accessoire (a deep red brown), and Fracas (a vibrant pink). I will definitely be running out to pick up Fracas.
Now tell me, which new line of polishes is your favourite? Do you have an all-time favourite spring colour? Please share!